This week the following blog posts have made me click their links:
- Innovative Companies Demand Innovative Leaders – Harvard Business Review. A great article from Harvard Business review looking at the relationship between innovative companies and the management team.
- Every organisation with more than 100 people should have a well run suggestions scheme. Once again, another interesting article from Paul Sloane, explaining why every organisation should harvest ideas from their employees. See it is not just us who bang the drum!
- 6 Companies With Awesome Employee Perks. Ever wanted to find out what companies are the most innovative with employee perks? You may be surprised how successful organisations are when they engage the workforce.
- I make no apology for including this as one of my top 10. Andy Beddows looks at the core concepts of ideas programmes
- Employee Recognition Appreciation Award Ideas. Some quick and easy ideas here on how to recognise your employee’s. There are some ideas that don’t cost anything at all and are highly effective.
- Is Your Company Choosing the Best Innovation Ideas? – The Magazine – MIT Sloan Management Review. A look at how to choose the best ideas that come from your employees, explaining that senior management need to be involved in the process.
- The Future of Talent Management – An excellent piece from Tammy Erickson looking at the 10 assumptions made about business and the workforce.
- How to Sell Your Ideas to Management The ideal guide on how to submit an idea to your management team. Good to see the process from the submitter’s side!
- Thinking Outside the Innovation Box Although I do not like the cliché ‘thinking outside the box’ I clicked on this article just to see what it was all about. I am glad I did, it is a cracking piece and well worth a read.
- And finally, just going to leave you with something that has been doing the rounds this week, it was filmed by a lorry driver who was stuck in a traffic jam on the M1 motorway in the UK. He does a good job of shameing drivers who are using the emergency lane and stopping the services getting to an accident.
Have a great weekend folks,
If you feel I’ve missed any great articles, blogs, links etc, please share them in the comments section below.