Happy Friday everyone! Here are my top 10 links of the week, hope you enjoy them. This week I will be adding their Twitter ID’s where possible so you can follow them as well!
- Does success kill innovation? This blog was recommended to me by one of our regular readers, I have spent a few hours over there the past week and this article has really stood out for me. It is the first of a series and will be good to follow. (Twitter – @e_r_coleman)
- Innovation and Stealing Shamelessly, one thing we always tell our members is to steal with pride when it comes to developing an innovation programme for your organisation. The great blog post re-enforces this thinking with some real life examples. (Twitter – @vgalovski)
- The Learning Innovator – “The one common ingredient across successful and innovative organizations is the commitment to learning,” claims Bradley Bendle in learning cultures and innovation. A great article take a look and let me know what you think. (Twitter – @IXchat )
- Innovation Starts with a Vision – Paul Sloane looks at the innovation journey and how to create value in your innovation programme. Well worth a visit. (Twitter – @PaulSloane)
- Employee Engagement = Kaizen + Passion in the West Midlands (Ricoh Telford to be exact) – ideasUK hold networking meetings throughout the year where we arrange visits to member organisations. The blog post has been written from a delegate’s point of view. (Twitter – @whatsthepont and @ChrisNicholls12)
- One blog I think you should visit this week is Standout Training – written by John Dell’Armi, this is a fairly new blog focusing on customer service and the customer experience. Over the past few weeks, John has been looking at organisations that use social media for customer service. (Twitter – @JohnDellArmi )
- Anti-innovation: 10 Proven Ways Not to Innovate – As companies experience success, their emphasis tends to shift to protecting and maintaining the status quo versus considering new opportunities and products. Unfortunately, clinging to what has worked in the past puts the brakes on innovation. (Twitter – @forbes)
- To Innovate You Must Live With Uncertainty – A great article looking at how innovation thrives on uncertainty. Certainly worth a read and a follow! (Twitter – @timkastelle)
- Innovation Strategy Lessons from Moneyball – It’s not very often you can take innovation lessons from a Hollywood film, but the guys over at Brainzooming have done just that with their latest blog post. An excellent article that is worth 2 minutes of anyone’s time! (Twitter – @brainzooming)
- As you know, I like to leave you with something fun for the weekend, being a Welshman, I am passionate about Rugby, this week, Wales play England in the 6-Nations and I thought I would share with you the advertisements that BBC Wales are currently playing to promote the game – http://youtu.be/rKlJxj_qHU4
Well that is my top 10 links for the week, hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. Have a great weekend folks!