Happy Friday everyone! Here are my top 10 links of the week, hope you enjoy them. As always, I will be sharing the Twitter accounts so you are able to follow them.
- The Idea Pit; 5 Stupid reasons smart ideas fail – A very good explanation from John Bernard (@johnbernard) of the pitfalls of not managing ideas correctly. How many of you out there can read this article and relate to the points raised?
- How to Keep an Innovation From Getting Stuck – Forbes (@forbes) look at the issue of the management team backing ideas and how many of these ideas actually turn into innovation. A very interesting view which I am totally in agreement with the points made. What do you think?
- 16 Employee Idea Killers Your Management Team Could Be Committing – Loved this punching little piece from the guys over at Brainzooming (@brainzooming). As an ideas professional, I think managers should print out the list and stick them on their desks. It is surprising how many people fall down in one or more of the 16 killers listed.
- The Side Effects of Open Innovation – A great overview of open innovation and its benefits from Stefan Lindegaard (@lindegaard) if you are new to the idea of open innovation, this is the article for you. Also, spend some time and take a look around the blog, it is very good and I’ve now bookmarked it.
- Anti-Innovation; 10 proven ways not to innovate – Success in business is a wonderful thing. But it’s also a double-edged sword. Holly G Green (@hollyggreen) on her website looks at some of the reasons why innovation fails in organisations. Must say, I thought this was a very good article.
- What It Takes To Innovate: Wrong-Thinking, Tinkering & Intuiting – Really did like this piece from 99% (@the99percent) it looks at innovation over the years proves to the outside world that innovation is not a new thing, it has been around for centuries!
- The Manager’s Role In Employee Engagement – Came across this from twitter (@grassrootsapac) looking at the link between engagement and the quality of the manager. Can employees be engaged in the business if they do not think the manager has the right tools or knowledge?
- 8 Qualities of Remarkable Employees – I really thought this blog post was very good, Jeff Hayden (@jeff_haden) looks at what makes a great employee. I think the 8 characteristics he has come up with really does nail it well.
- Business forum: Keep ’em happy – and productive – You know the old adage ‘happy employees = more productive employees’? Well Tom Salonek (@tomsalonel) looks at the link between engaged employees and high productivity. Well worth a read.
- Normally my number 10 is a funny video or some kind of creative exercise. Someone sent me a link from a youtube video earlier this week with just the words ‘I bet this will make you smile’ I clicked on the link and he was right, I did smile – http://youtu.be/ZWHpcKXt-qQ take a look at it (don’t worry it is safe for work). I bet it will bring a smile to your face as well!
Well that is my top 10 links for the week, hope you all looking forward to the weekend? Unfortunately the hot weather we have enjoyed may be gone by the weekend, but the positive side to that is that I won’t have to mow the lawn if it rains. Have a great weekend!